Friday, January 30, 2009

Cita - cita

Pada inget gak waktu kecil dulu kita suka tuker2an "buku kenangan" sama temen2..?
Kita tulis di buku kenangan temen kita biodata, nama, alamat, cita2, kata kenangan, dll..
Terus kita hias2 dan kadang kita tempelin foto?
If you get it then you're totally in "my generation" :) and I guess you're a girl ... (not sure if boys were doing this or not).

G selalu bingung mau tulis apa di kolom cita-cita..
Karena rasanya dari kecil gak punya cita-cita..
Walaupun kata pepatah.. "Gantungkan cita-citamu setinggi bintang di langit",
I just want to be rational...

Some kids already know from early on what they want to be when they grow up.
Well I guess I'm not that type.
I'm the "go with the flow" type..
Or you could say.. I just have no idea what my passion is.. or what I'm good at...

Beberapa pekerjaan yang pernah g list down di "buku kenangan" temen:
1. Doctor - hey I think every kids want to be a doctor, right??
2. Lawyer - this was around the LA Law era.. and some other movie about lawyer that I don't remember the title.. It's the one with a mute lawyer, using sign language..

Back then I knew exactly the right second after I wrote down those jobs that I didn't really mean it..
Those were not what I wanted to be when I grew up...
And it's true! Later as I grew up, I found out that I hated biology and I didn't like to debate (mind you, I'm a phlegmatic person).. so that was the end of it..

So when I have to choose my major in college.. I just choose what I think I'm capable of..
That certainly does not include biology and law (since I don't like memorizing stuff) and physics (since I was sucks).
I chose accounting..
Well.., numbers make sense to me..
Accounting makes sense to me..
It's easier than physics or mathematics..
It does not require memorizing stuff that much..
And everybody says that every companies need an accountant..

So here I am ended up being an ex-auditor - slash - financial consultant.
But still, I haven't found my passion yet..
I don't know if I want to stay in this career path..
Well, I do know that this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life..
I'd like to do something else..
Something that I'm looking forward to when I wake up in the morning..
Something that I can smile about in my dreams..

*sigh*

No comments: